Saturday, December 15, 2012

THE FOG...


He tied his boat off and started to climb the cliffs. He knew that no one had lived to tell what was behind the cloud, but still he climbed. He was determined to be the first to live and tell the story of what would happen beyond the fog. No one believed he could do anything they all believed that he had no purpose in life. He walked towards the fog and before he entered the fog he left a note and a neon pink ribbon attached to it so that if a person was to walk by they could see that someone had been there. Every pace he took he took as if it was his last one. "Who would have thought I had this much guts to place my life in danger knowing that this could be a life or death situation." He continued walking into the fog. The fog began to become thicker and thicker he began to have difficulty seeing where he was going. Suddenly he took a step and he fell into a trench. Everything had blacked out for him. He thought that he had died from that fall. He was mistaken. He had fallen into a new civilization. There were many people there. They seemed to be the people that had been here before. They must have been the people that had come and never lived to tell their story. Now he knew why they had never lived to tell their story. How were they supposed to leave or escape this trench? He decided to take a look around and meet the courageous people that had decided to take a chance and see what was in the fog. He met this lady who seemed to be happy in this civilization. “Hello" “hello nice to meet you" " may I ask what your name might be" “my name is Rosa" “that is a beautiful name. My name is Alex" " I’m guessing your new here" "well then you would be guessing correctly.” "Since your new let me show you around” he decided to accept the offer and he went around the whole town he was introduced to everyone that was there. Every time he met a new person he would ask them the same question, which was if they liked living here or not. Some would respond yes but others were very hesitant and decided not to respond. He was surprised at their response to the question so he decided to never bring the question up again, but before this he had to ask Rosa what she had to say. “i don't like living here but I would rather live here than go back into the civilization that rejected me" those were the words she told him. "Who would have thought that a beautiful girl like her would be rejected in the society? She had beautiful brown hair, her eyes a hazel color, and her skin was very pale. She was the picture perfect women out it the real world society. Why would they reject such a beautiful young lady?" They would reject me because of where I came from and the way I live, no one can accept me for who I really am. They just think of me as a stereotype." "That should give you more reason to go back to the real world. You should prove them wrong and actually do something with your life.don't just sit around and let them talk." “Then what am I supposed to do? Do you want me to go make a fool out of me?" “No but I want you to change your life for the better; a girl like you can accomplish many things in her life.  More than what you expect." She just glared at him as if he was crazy. She said nothing and left to go pick the fruits. "Now what will I do" is all he thought to himself. He decided to live in this place for two weeks. Everyday he went to visit Rosa at her house. Each and every day that he did so he noticed that Rosa was getting sick. She seemed to get worse day after day. It seemed like Rosa was dying. He monitored her every day. He began to notice that she could no longer get up or lift heavy things like she used to. She became very thin and she seemed very depressed. She seemed to be losing her glow. She seemed to have aged 5 years. Alex was determined to find out what was wrong with Rosa. He went to the town’s doctor. "Hello doctor. This young lady needs help she seems to be deteriorating. You must help her." "Let me take a look at her and I will tell you what I can do."  The town’s doctor did not know what to do. Rosa was dying and he couldn't find anyone that could help them. He decided to find a way out. He started to seek help and advice on a way out but everyone just told him that everyone that has attempted to leave has died. That’s why no one had left this place. Alex thought to himself there must be a way out of here. He started to wonder the land and he came across this passage that seemed very eerie. He was willing to take the chance and go through that passage. That seemed to be the only way out. He packed some of Rosa's stuff and he grabbed Rosa and they were on their way. Rosa had some strength left in her so she walked as far as she could. When she got tired Alex carried her. He was willing to risk his life to saves Rosa. They came across many obstacles some of which were very dangerous. He had to face his fear of horrible darkness. He had to face his fear of being the only one who could help. He put himself in situations he had never been in before. He didn't want to let Rosa down. Alex tripped and fell time after time, but he never stopped. He was determined to save Rosa. While he was on his way he realized that he hadn't come across anything that would be life threatening. Suddenly a large creature appeared before his eyes. It was 7 ft tall and had razor sharp teeth. It also had stinky breath. He looked at it straight into its eyes when all of a sudden the monster spoke. He said" my name is Charlie. I am the keeper of the land. If you want to pass you will need to give me a reason as to why you need to leave. What is your purpose in life?" “I need to leave. I need to help Rosa. She is very ill and needs to be checked out” “and what is your purpose in life?” “I don’t have a purpose in life. I have never had a purpose in life. Please let me pass by. I need to find help. I need to leave.” “You may not pass.” “Why” “you may not pass because you don’t seem to have anything to live for.” “Are you saying I am wasting my life?” “Do you know what you’re going to do with your life?” “No but I can prove I will help another’s life but you need to let me pass.” “You may pass, only if you promise to return.” “I promise I will return. Thank you for letting me pass.” The monster moved aside and let him pass. “Who would have thought a creature so gruesome was so knowledgeable” Alex soon made it to his boat (his boat that mysteriously was still there.) he put Rosa in the boat and he started rowing. He then made it to an island that was close by. He took Rosa into the nearest hospital. Rosa was now in intensive care. Alex asked the doctor what had happened and he said “Everyone over there appeared to be healthy but they hadn't been close to people in many years many of the people there had been born there and they hadn't been exposed to human diseases. They weren't immune to many diseases, so when you came to that town you brought a disease that their body couldn’t fight off.”  “ I feel horrible now” “don’t feel horrible. You weren’t aware of what was going to happen.” Alex then waited for Rosa to get the all clear. Suddenly, his friend which was a reporter came up to him. He asked him what it was like in the fog. Alex had nothing to say except that he had to go back once Rosa was well. Two weeks later Rosa was healthy. Alex was now ready to return and keep his promise with the monster. Rosa however didn’t want to return. She had realized that society had changed and she wanted to remain there. Alex decided to leave her there. He went back to the new civilization and met up with the monster. “Hello Charlie” “hello. I see you have returned.”  “Of course I am a man of my words.” “Since you have returned I shall tell you something wise an old man once told me. Every person is made for a reason and with time they will find their purpose in life. And I think you have found your purpose.” “Thank you Charlie. I believe I have found my purpose in life. I was made to help people even when I don’t know the person very well. I made a difference in that person’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment