"Another day on my journey to
I ran around town looking for the restaurant. When I finally got there I took another look at the poster to make sure I had the address right when I noticed the fine print said 18 and up age required. My heart fell now how I would find money to buy food. So with a disappointment in my heart I walked away from the restaurant. Since I was depressed I just looked at my wore down shoes I had on. Then I crashed into the well dressed elderly lady. "Sorry miss...I wasn’t looking" “its okay. My name is Joy. What about you?" My name is Estephany." She then asked me what I was doing and why I was alone and looked a mess. "Well I came on this expedition that I think will change my life. As they say you have to make or be the change you want to see." “I see. Do your parents know your here?" "No" “A youngster like you will die in this society. I bet you are hungry." "Yes I am but I have no money no job no house and no food." "How about you come with me and work as my maid. You will have a stable job food and house." “Thank you so much." So she took me to her car and told me that her house wasn’t that far away from here.
It was a fifteen minute drive when we stared to pull up to this big white house that appeared to be a mansion. The garage we pulled into was like a mini house. We came out the car and I started to walk towards the front lawn which seemed to have its one garden and the walk path was a collage of rocks of many sizes and colors. The door was twice as big as me and the inside was an artistic piece of architecture. “Well here we are. I will show you to your room and you can take a shower and I will bring you some clothes that I think will fit you.” Once I got out of the shower this beautiful silk shirt was set on the bed and these nice pair of jeans that fit perfectly.
I went downstairs to find Joy. I walked into a kitchen and saw her cooking. I went up to her and asked where her husband was and where the clothes were from. “My husband is no longer with us, he is now watching us from above and the clothes are from my daughter who is also watching over me.” “I’m so sorry to hear such a thing, but may I ask how they passed.” “It was September 4 when my husband, daughter and I were coming back from a road trip and we were tired. My husband was driving when a deer jumped right in front of the car and we crashed into a truck that was going at highway speed. My daughter and husband died on impact. I was just badly injured.” “I’m sorry to hear that.” “We are a wealthy family and well I don’t think I will live for that much and I don’t have anyone to leave my money to. I want you to have the money.” “ME!! Why me?” “You seem like a person that has ambition, so I want you to have the money and you can do what every you want with it.” “Do you like to travel?” “Yes I do.” “Well with the money I am going to buy a RV and we will hire a driver that will take us on a road trip.” “But I can’t leave the house alone.” “Yes you can just pack your stuff.” The next day we went to buy an RV and we hired a driver who was willing to drive us cross country. “Who would have thought that my life could change in such little time? I guess I was the change in my life and it had a wonderful impact on the life of another. I guess good things do come to those who wait.”

No comments:
Post a Comment